segunda-feira, 14 de maio de 2012

Grammar In Glamour

Emma Stone for Glamour Deutschland (Germany/Alemanha), June/Junho 2012

Yesterday I was asked about the best way of improving your skills of a language you already speak, but aren't fluent in.
 Living in another country or talking to a native speaker of the other language is great, but for me, nothing beats the media.
It's not that I didn't appreciate my teachers or the money my parents spent in language schools and certificates, but what really taught me English, was TV.  Seriously!
However Portuguese TV is not so kind to German shows , Inspector Rex excluded. So I had to do my extra study in a different way. And what better way than with a fashion/female magazine? 
The only one I could get my hands in was Glamour and every once in a while I'd buy it and try to figure out next season trends in German. It wasn't easy, but it was way easier reading about clothes and sex that it was about anything else...
So this is my advice to fashion girls who want to improve their foreign language skills. And I say improve, not learn. For that I truly recommend doing a course. 
 Of course blogs and websites are also a good way of picking things up.
Have you ever used this technique? Got new ones you'd like to share? Wanna read all about it!
Ontem perguntaram-me sobre a melhor forma de melhorar os nossos conhecimentos sobre uma língua que falamos, mas na qual não somos fluentes.
Viver noutro país ou falar com uma pessoa fuente nessa língua é fantástico, mas para mim, nada bate os media.
Não é que não aprecie os meus professores ou o dinheiro que os meus pais gastaram em escolas de línguas e certificados, mas eu aprendi inglês foi mesmo a ver televisão... A sério!
No entanto, a TV portuguesa não é tão generosa para programas em alemão, excepto o Inspector Rex, por isso tive de me pensar em alternativas. E que melhorar o alemão que lendo revistas de moda/femininas?
A única a que tinha acesso era a Glamour, que comprava de vez em quando, para decifrar as tendências da próxima estação em alemão. Não era muito fácil, mas sempre era mais fácil ler sobre moda e sexo do que sobre outra coisa qualquer...
Este é o meu conselho para quem gosta de moda e quer melhorar a sua fluência numa outra língua. E eu digo melhorar e não aprender outra língua. Para isso, acho mesmo que um curso é a melhor solução.
Claro que para apanhar mais qualquer coisita, os blogs e sites também são muito úteis.
E vocês também usam esta técnica? Têm outras boas para partilhar? Contem-me tudo!

Just wanted to remind you that the blog is now on Facebook and Twitter, so follow if you please.
Gostaria de vos lembrar que o blog está no Facebook e no Twitter, por isso se quiserem seguir, já sabem, é só clicar.
Also, my boyfriend promised to take me out to a nice dinner when the blog reached 100 followers, so don't just stop by. Follow me! I'll try not to disappoint!;)
Ah, o meu namorado prometeu levar-me a jantar a um sítio assim decentezinho quando o blog chegar aos 100 seguidores, por isso não passem só para ver. Sigam-me, que eu prometo não desapontar!;)

5 comentários:

Dina L.Andersen disse...

You made an excellent point :)
E tens toda a razäo!
Já te estou a seguir e podes visitar o meu cantinho aqui:
www.spikesandstuds.blogspot.com

obrigada e beijinhos

SymbioticLife disse...

Very very true! When I learned Italian, my teacher brought in some rap music. We had to translate the lyrics. I thought that was really fun and entertaining. When I did French, my teacher assigned a magazine article for translation. It wasn't a pure fashion magazine but it had some fun articles in it and I found it much more satisfying and helpful to be able to sit down with it in front of me to translate than I did trying to listen to a song and grab the words as I heard them. I bet it would've been even better to use your tip!

RaeAbigael disse...

Emma stone is really an inspiration! :D hey! would you like to follow each other pretty?
i hope we can be friends.

raellarina.blogspot.com :D

Natalie Leung disse...

english really is taught well through media :) great blog!

natalie
http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Miriam disse...

True!!!
Reading fashion magazines and blogs is a good way to improve your foreign language level.
And watching good films and tv movies, of course!
At least is how i try to do it ;-)
xoxo
Miriam