terça-feira, 29 de maio de 2012

The Girl Who Stole My Grandma's Sweater - Rachel Weisz Covers British Vogue

Rachel Weisz in Celine by Alistair McLeellan for British Vogue, July 2012
 
My birthday is in July, so July is my month and as far as I'm concerned it's best month in the world. However, Portuguese magazines have been treating July like the black sheep of the month family and giving him the covers all the other months reject. I guess it's because during Summer women buy every single magazine to take to the beach and nobody cares whether the magazine is any good or not. So, it really t pleases me to see that the month of July is being taken seriously by British Vogue. What a stunning cover! Not only do I worship Rachel Weisz, but I also love it cause it reminds me of home. The chair is exactly like the ones my grandparents have in the country, exactly like the ones I'd lay in under the fig tree in a warm summer day. And I'm pretty sure Rachel stole that sweater from my grandma's closet. I mean, it is the same blue sweater. 
Thanks, Vogue, for bringing a bit of home on my birthday!

Faço anos em Julho, por isso Julho é o meu mês e é também o melhor mês do mundo. No entanto, as revistas de moda portuguesas, têm tratado o mês de Julho como a ovelha negra da família dos meses e só lhe dá as capas rejeitadas pelos outros meses. Acho que é porque durante o Verão a mulherada compra tudo o que é revista para levar para a praia, independentemente do conteúdo.
Assim, é com grande alegria que vejo que a Vogue britânica leva o mês de Julho a sério. Que capa maravilhosa! Não só idolatro a Rachel Weisz, mas também adoro a capa, porque me lembra Portugal, a minha casa. A cadeira é igual às cadeiras que os meus avós têm no Ribatejo, igual ás cadeiras onde eu tantas vezes me sentei à sombra de uma figueira nos meses quentes de Verão. E estou certa de que a camisola foi roubada do armário da minha avó Fernanda. Quer dizer, é igualzinha.
Obrigada, Vogue por me teres trazido um bocadinho de Portugal nos meus anos!

 Follow me on FACEBOOK and TWITTER 
Sigam-me no FACEBOOK e no TWITTER 
 
Also, my boyfriend promised to take me out to a nice dinner when the blog reached 100 followers on GFC, so don't just stop by. Follow me! I'll try not to disappoint!;)
Ah, o meu namorado prometeu levar-me a jantar a um sítio assim decentezinho quando o blog chegar aos 100  seguidores no GFC, por isso não passem só para ver. Sigam-me, que eu prometo não desapontar!;)
 
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Obrigada pela visita! :)

3 comentários:

SymbioticLife disse...

I have to say orange and blue can be one of my favorite color pairings. This is really beautiful. You're totally right. Rachel Weisz is a stunner and fabulous.

Aida disse...

fartei-me de rir com este teu post! adoro!

beijinhos linda!

jessica-anne disse...

Aww thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog!! :) :) You're so sweet!! Much love :)

www.iwastakenbysurprise.blogspot.com

xx