segunda-feira, 6 de fevereiro de 2012

The Heartbreak Sweetheart

Lana Del Rey by Mario Testino for British Vogue, March 2012

Yesterday I got my British Vogue and Elle and they have some great editorials. For now I'm leaving you with Lana Del Rey's photos from Vogue. She and Mario Testino, alongside the stylists did a great a job in this photo  shoot. It's so Lana and so now, you know? And I just love the cheekiness of the third photo. How cute is that? 
After seeing this photos I wished they had used one of them for the cover, instead of the one they actually used. I'd say the first one would make a killer cover, don't you think? It's time for British Vogue to think outside of the box.
I also had a great time reading her interview by Jess Cartner-Morley Lana was enigmatic and unsettling as always, but said a lot of meaningful things. When questioned about her style she said she was a "Gangster Nancy Sinatra", "Lolita got lost in the hood" and "I live in Monaco but don't fuck with me". All accurate I'd say. But the most important, I think, was this: "Oh I don't think I'll write another record. What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've said already."
I guess when your heart is not broken anymore, there's no more need to fix it. I can relate. I haven't written much since I found true love. Sometimes I write about good feelings. But no poem can be as good as one that comes from a broken heart.
Ontem comprei a Vogue e Elle britânicas e elas vêm com uns editoriais lindos. Por agora, deixo-vos com as photos da Vogue com a Lana Del Rey. Ela e o Mario testino, assim com todos os estilistas, fizeram um óptimo trabalho. É tão Lana e tão agora, sabem? E adoro o ar malandro na terceira foto. Não está gira?
Depois de ver estas fotos, achei que deviam ter usado qualquer uma delas para a capa, em vez da que usaram. Eu diria que a primeria imagem tinha sido uma grande capa, não acham? Já era altura da Vogue britânica começar a arriscar mais.
Também adorei ler a entrevista feita por Jess Cartner-Morley. A Lana foi enigmática e inquietante como sempre, mas disse muitas coisas com sentido. Quando questionada sobre o seu estilo, Lana caracterizou-se como uma " Nancy Sinatra gangster", "Lolita perde-se no gueto" e "Eu vivo no Mónaco, mas não te metas comigo". Acho que foi bastante certeira. Mas a coisa  mais importante que disse, achei eu, foi esta: "Oh I don't think I'll write another record. What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've said already." (Oh, acho que não vou escrever outro álbum. O que é que eu iria dizer? Sinto que já disse tudo o que tinha a dizer.").
Acho que quando o nosso coração já não está partido, já não há necessidade de o tentar colar. Consigo-me relacionar com esta ideia. Não tenho escrito muito desde que encontrei o verdadeiro amor. Às vezes escrevo sobre coisas boas, mas nenhum poema pode ser tão bom, quanto um que vem de um coração partido.

Sem comentários: