domingo, 12 de fevereiro de 2012

Back To The Future With Prabal Gurung At NYFW

Prabal Gurung ready-to-wear Fall/Winter 2012/2013

Prabal Gurung...This man just made my week! Although I've been showing you minimal, wearable clothes from NYFW, nothing got to me like the fantasy world Prabal has created for next Winter. The collection was named "Uncursed" by the designer and Max Berlinger from vogue.co.uk believes it has something to do with the impending apocalypse "predicted" by the Mayan. I loved his vision of the collection and the article is definitely worth reading. For me, it was just a parade of beautiful pieces. Pieces that talked to my new-found love for all things futuristic (I've been watching a lot of Fringe lately...). But this collection has something for everyone. Great tailoring, romantic pieces with tulle, modern prints and my favorite, the iridescent neoprene. I'm so gonna start saving for that coat (third photo)! All in all, Prabal has been my favorite so far. What about you? Did you enjoy his collection?
Prabal Gurung...Este homem fez a minha semana. Apesar de vos ter mostrado muitas colecçãoes minimalistas e usáveis, não houve nenhuma colecção que me tenha atraído tanto como a fantasia que Prabal criou para o próximo Inverno.
A colecção foi chamada "Uncursed"(Não amaldiçoado, na minha melhor tradução) pelo próprio designer e o Max Berlinger do vogue.co.uk acredita que a colecção terá sido inspirada pela iminência do Apocalipse "previsto" pelos Maias (Vale a pena ler o artigo). Para mim, o desfile foi apenas uma parada de peças lindas. Peças que apelaram ao meu novo amor por tudo o que é futurístico (tenho andado a ver muito Fringe ultimamente...). Mas esta colecção tem algo para todos. Óptimos cortes, peças românticas com tule, padrões modernos e o meu preferido, neoprene iridescente. Vou começar a juntar um dinheirinho para aquele casaco (terceira foto)! Tudo isto para dizer que o Prabal foi o meu preferido até agora. E vocês gostaram?

Sem comentários: