terça-feira, 20 de dezembro de 2011

Aliens in Pretty Shoes - Mariacarla Boscono for YSL Spring/Summer 2012


Mariacarla Boscono for  Yves Saint Laurent's S/S 2012 Campaign Ad

YSL has chosen Mariacarla as the brand's S/S 2012  face. The model was shot by David Sims and is sporting an alien like look with very thin drawn brows over her own erased brows. I wish this whole "no brow" look would go away forever but I guess it works in high fashion. The photos look pretty amazing though! Although I get the feeling of a fall/winter ad and not a spring ad. What's going on this year? Some sort of fashion revolution against summer? Or am I completely overreacting?

 And those shoes...Those shoes have been killing me since I first saw the on the runway! It's so heartbreaking knowing I can never have them...

A YSL escolheu a Mariacarla como a sua modelo para a P/V de 2012. A modelo foi fotografada por David Sims e apresenta-se com um look alienesco com sombrancelhas muito finas e desenhadas acima das suas próprias sombrancelhas apagadas. Gostava muito que este look sem sombrancelhas desaparecesse para sempre, mas parece que funciona no mundo da moda. De qualquer modo, as fotos estão fantásticas! Apesar de me parecer mais uma campanha de Inverno do que Verão. O que é que se passa este ano? Alguma espécie de revolução da moda contra o Verão? Ou sou eu que estou a exagerar? 

E aqueles sapatos... Aqueles sapatos andam a matar-me lentamente, desde que os vi na passarela! Parte-me o coração saber que nunca os vou poder ter...

1 comentário:

SymbioticLife disse...

Ok, the eyebrowless trend with the drawn on ones, can definitely go away forever. I hate that look. I never would've known this was a spring ad if you hadn't told me. Definitely don't get the "spring" vibe from it. It seems like challenging our concepts of seasons just seems to be the trend.