segunda-feira, 28 de novembro de 2011

Fashion Crystal Ball

Hello patient blog readers! I'm sorry I haven't posted in so long, but I've been busy lately. Moving to a new apartment, going to San Francisco (because I have the best boyfriend in the world, who let's me tag along in his business trips)...You get it, right? I wanted to write about my experience in San Francisco, but I can't upload the photos from my phone... Whenever that is possible I'll write about it and give you some tips about what to see and where to shop and eat in San Francisco. I don't want to write a giant post today, but I must say I loved the States! Believe or not, it's just like the movies, which might explain why I was constantly expecting an asteroid to hit the earth or the zombie apocalypse to start. All in all it was great! They called me ma'am. I couldn't have asked for more!
As for today, I'll share with you a video from the 1930's showing futuristic fashion predictions for the 2000's. It was so fascinating how most of them were right on. I specially like the prediction that's made about men, who will be fitted with a phone and a radio...So true! It was also funny to me how they predicted the necessity of today's women to have clothes that can be adjusted to day and evening. I wonder if we will ever get to the point of fashion evolution that most tv shows and movies have predicted for the 2000's. Do you think we'r getting there?
Hope you enjoyed the video. I promise I'll be back soon!


Olá leitores pacientes! Desculpem não postar há tanto tempo, mas têm sido semanas muito preenchidas! Mudar de casa, viagem a São Francisco (isto porque tenho o melhor namorado do mundo que me deixa colar às viagens de trabalho)... Vocês percebem, não é? Queria contar-vos a minha experiência sobre a viagem, mas mais uma vez o meu telemóvel decidiu não colaborar e não consigo pôr fotos nenhumas. Quando conseguir, vou escrever sobre a viagem e dar-vos todas as dicas sobre os melhores sítios para visitar, onde comer e onde fazer as melhores compras, claro. Não quero que este seja um post gigante, mas tenho a dizer que adorei! Acreditem se quiserem, mas aquilo é mesmo como nos filmes, o que explica a minha expectativa de ter um asteróide a cair na terra ou de assistir ao começo do apocalipse zombie. Foi mesmo muito bom. Chamavam-me ma'am, o que é que eu posso pedir mais?
Assim, hoje vou partilhar convosco, um vídeo dos anos 30 que mostra as previsões de alguns designers quanto à moda dos anos 2000. Foi fascinante como acertaram em muitas das tendências dos nossos tempos. Gosto especialmente da previsão relativa à moda masculina, em que o homem vem vom telemóvel e rádio incorporado. Tão acertado! Também é engraçado como lá longe, já se adivinhava a necessidade da mulher moderna ter roupa que se adaptasse a eventos diurnos e nocturnos. Pergunto-me se algumas vez chegaremos ao ponto de evolução que tantos programas de TV e filmes previram para os anos 2000. Acham que estamos a caminhar para lá?
Espero que tenham gostado do vídeo. Prometo voltar em breve!

2 comentários:

SymbioticLife disse...

I love video's like that. That's priceless. Welcome back from your hiatus. Can't wait to see the photos!

Diana Teodoro disse...

Thanks! It's great to be back! Boy have I been suffering from jet lag... I hope I can post them soon.