sábado, 17 de agosto de 2013

Overcoming My Online Shopping Phobia

Fear is a primal human emotion. It prevents us from getting hurt and making really big mistakes. But it can also be a energy usurping parasite that stops you from living at all. Some people even live in that constant fear or making decisions just because they're scared they are not making the right one and that can go from picking what take-out restaurant to order from to taking your next career move. Sadly, I can include myself in that group of annoying creatures. However I have great news, I've managed to overcome one of my greatest phobias: ONLINE SHOPPING!!!
That's right, I've put aside all of those "will it fit? will I like it?" fears and just ordered something: This jacket from Asos.com that I talked about here. It was on sale and I thought "What the hell! Just order it!" And so I did!  (Just realized it's no longer on sale. I bought it on sale about a week a go for half the price. Wop wop! It really pays to take chances!)


I got it in the mail yesterday and I can say I was not a bit disappointed. It arrived in perfect conditions and it looked exactly like I expected it to look, which it was not like it looked in the pictures. I believe we always need to have realistic expectations when it comes to that. It also won't look as good on you as it does on the model! Duhh!
I just didn't get it so right on the size. I ordered a size 22 and it's a bit big on me. I'm usually a size 16/18 but it kinda works because of style and shape of the jacket. I could send it back, but it's really not worth the trouble. And it was my own fault really, I measured myself with a tiny metric tape and kinda calculated a size. Not smart! However it was an overall positive experience and I might do it again if I ever fall in love with an item like I did with this one. Just don't expect me to stop shopping in physical stores, because that's a pleasure I'm not willing to give up.
Follow me on FACEBOOK , TWITTER and BLOGLOVIN
Sigam-me no FACEBOOK , TWITTER BLOGLOVIN

Thanks for stopping by! :)
Obrigada pela visita! :)

Sem comentários: